Friday, March 20, 2009
Module 3- my results of the multiple intelligence test
My result of the Gardner Multiple Intelligence tests is that I have equal strengths in both interpersonal and intrapersonal with my next strength being linguistic. The results of my test are congruent with what the explanation of the test said, that most people possess a set of intelligences. I would like to think that my strength in both self-awareness and awareness of others would allow me to be in tune to the person that I am trying to teach. My two weakest areas are kinesthetic and spatial/visual. This was a little bit of a surprise to me because I thought I was a strong visual learner. I am not surprised by my kinesthetic or spatial deficits. I am truly all thumbs when it comes to figuring out electronics and feel pretty intimidated by them. This does pose a challenge to me as someone who is in the "Teaching Nursing" sequence. Both this module and the activities that we are doing in Nursing 6011 emphasize how different electronic media are the most effective way to engage students. As a novice teacher who learned in a very traditional way I will need to make a conscious effort to learn to teach in a variety of methods that encompasses all learning styles. Learning style theories recognize the individual differences (e.g. cognition, emotion, physiology, sociology) that affect learning. Research also shows that teaching methods that match students' learning styles can improve their academic performance significantly (Bacay, 2006)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ohh I don't think you are nearly as novice as you suggest.
ReplyDeleteRemember that the test doesn't necessarily suggest that you have "weak" areas per se, but based on the test results you would seem to learn better in some of the other areas. This is by no means a definitive answer to how you learn.